#TwitterForGood is taking place on 9 November and to help your organisation get ready for it, I will be writing a series of short and easy to understand Twitter Tips.
- Hashtag your strategy!
Can you answer YES to the following questions:
- Do you know what a hashtag is?
- Do you know how to include hashtags in your Twitter Strategy?
- Did you know that hashtags are Google search(able)?
- Do you use hashtags to find resources and industry insights?
- Are you using 2 – 3 hashtags in your Tweets?
- Are you searching hashtags on Twitter as a part of your engagement strategy?
If not, take 10 minutes today and learn more about hashtags and how they can boost your Twitter presence and overall experience.
- Get that schedule ready!
Twitter is fast-paced and very noisy which is why I suggest using a social media scheduler like Buffer to help plan out and schedule a few days worth of tweets at a time. On my personal account, you will note that I tweet anywhere from 5 – 16 times a day, the majority of those tweets have been scheduled a few days in advance.
However, before you begin your journey on Buffer you need to plan and prepare. Use a diary, post-it notes or a good old-fashioned wall calendar and mark out a scheduling plan before setting your Buffer account up.