Done well, social media marketing can help your nonprofit, library, school or faith-based organisation engage supporters, retain beneficiaries and create fundraising opportunities.
We at Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC understand that a nonprofit organisation has access to limited funding and budgets which can make the thought of social media marketing overwhelming. Knowing this, we developed an hour long training session for nonprofits in South Africa and invite you to access the reply and session resources below.
Live Stream Recording
Social Media Toolkit
- 02 October #TechFriyaySA Presentation – click to download
- 60 Day Content Creation Resource: use these prompts to develop evergreen content – click to learn more
- October 2020 Social Media Days for Nonprofits – click to see more
- Social Media Etiquette for Nonprofits – click to learn more
- 30+ Hashtags for Nonprofits – click to learn more
- 7 Day Posting Challenge to help you create meaningful content – click to start
Other Resources – Free or Discounted Social Media Marketing Tools and Apps
- Apply for a free Canva PRO account here
- Apply for 10 free M365 Business Licenses here
- Apply for G Suite for Nonprofits Google here
- Apply for the Google Ad Grants here
- HishHash – easily organise your Instagram hashtags with the HishHash mobile app
- Free Stock Image Sites: Unsplash | Pixabay | Pexels | Rawpixel
- Instagram Scheduling Tool: Later
- Social Media Marketing Scheduling Tool (discounted for Nonprofits): Buffer – click to learn more
- Explore how Google data can help you blog better here
- Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements Bundle – Discounted For Eligible Nonprofits – read more
Key Learning Points
- Don’t be shy! Start posting today!
- Don’t fear the platforms – when in doubt, YouTube a solution!
- Consistency is key!
- Always direct traffic to your website!
- Social Media is not a quick fix or easy funding tool! It take a long time of authentic and consistent posting to generate (offline) sustainability!
- It’s ok to post every second or third day!
- Your personal social media WILL impact your NPO social media!
- Listening to music can help you with content creation!
To join the Facebook Group and watch our #TechFriyaySA sessions live, please click here.